View the Ursuline Academy School Profile - Class of 2016 (PDF).
From initial research through acceptance, the goal of the college admissions experience is to support students as they select the college best suited to their needs, where they can grow socially and academically and continue to develop their abilities and interests. In one-on-one counseling sessions and group meetings, students clarify their goals, evaluate colleges, present their qualifications and manage the admissions process to make an informed decision. Parents receive a wealth of information and support as they navigate the admissions and financial aid process.
The more information you have at your disposal the easier your eventual decision will be. There are many resources from which you can gather valuable insights. Here is a sampling of those resources:
- Guidance counselor
Over 130 colleges visit campus for our College Fair.
- College websites
- Current college students
- Admission counselors
- Alumni of the colleges
- College guidebooks
- The Fiske Guide to Colleges
- The College Board's College Handbook
- Barron's Profile of the American Colleges
- Peterson's Guide to Four-Year Colleges
- The Campus Safety and Security Data Analysis Cutting Tool
Helpful Websites for the College Process:
- Naviance: All Ursuline students are registered on Naviance and must list their colleges on this site. Naviance also is a very helpful college search tool as it gives students a history of statistical data about previous UA students applications to colleges.
- The Common Application Online
- The College Board: The College Board conducts the SAT and SAT Subject Tests.
- The ACT: The ACT is an alternate to the SAT. Many colleges will permit students to submit the ACT with the optional writing section in lieu of the SAT. The multiple choice test covers four basic skills areas - English, mathematics, reading and science. We recommend that the optional writing test should always be taken.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- CSS/Financial Aid Profile
- FinAid.org: The SmartStudentTM Guide to Financial Aid
- MeritAid.com: A comprehensive directory of merit scholarships and academic scholarships from colleges across the country.