Uniform Guidelines and Ordering
Uniform Dress Code Guidelines
The purpose of the dress code is the presentation of a neat and pleasing appearance of the student body. An Ursuline Academy student wears her uniform with pride and dresses in a manner that is compatible with an academic atmosphere. A student’s attendance at Ursuline Academy indicates her willingness to comply with the directives of the school. It is further considered that compliance contributes to the overall discipline and academic success of the student.
Dress code violations will be addressed immediately. Students will receive a detention when a violation occurs. If a student cannot wear her uniform, a note stating the reason and signed by a parent or guardian should be presented to the office.
The uniform consists of the following:
- Green blazer – To be worn at Mass and other formal occasions
- Plaid skirt
- Traditional white oxford or polo, white turtleneck jersey
- Lands' End V-Neck Navy Blue Smooth Knit Sweater with Serviam logo
- Brown/black shoes – which cover the entire foot
- Green or black stockings or knee socks
Ursuline Academy works with two uniform companies, Lands' End and JB Edward Uniforms.
The navy blue sweater and navy blue fleece, both with the Serviam logo, are available through Land's End. Ordering instructions are also available as a PDF. The other pieces of the uniform are available through JB Edward Uniforms in Roslindale, MA.
- Blouses or shirts must be clean, ironed and tucked into the skirt.
- Colored T-shirts, sleeveless blouses and layering are not allowed.
- Sweatshirts - of any kind - may not be worn.
- Skirts should be four inches above the knee and may not be rolled up at the waist
- High heels, boots including UGGS, clogs without backs, flip flops and sneakers are NOT acceptable footwear.
Jewelry may be worn but only in moderation. Expensive jewelry should not be worn to school. In physical education class or sports activities, jewelry is not permitted. Body or facial piercing and body art are considered a health risk and will not be allowed. Extreme hairstyles, colors or excessive make-up also will not be permitted. No hats, caps, or scarves are to be worn in the school building. The overall appearance of the students at Ursuline Academy must be modest and, at all times, must reflect respect for the uniform they wear.
On days when uniforms are not worn, an appropriate, modest, neat appearance is expected i.e.: a dress, skirt, blouse, sweater, dress pants and modest jeans may be worn. Shorts, micro jean skirts, flip-flops, sweatpants, loungewear, tank tops, halters or midriffs are never acceptable.
Regulation gym uniforms are required for physical education class: Ursuline Academy T-shirt, shorts, sweatpants, sweatshirt, sneakers and socks. All garments should be marked with the student’s name and may be purchased through the bookstore.