At graduation and the related ceremonies of Baccalaureate Mass and Class Day, many members of Ursuline's Class of 2014 received scholarships or awards for their efforts in academics, athletics, or community service. Congratulations and best wishes go out to all of the deserving recipients.
The following seniors were honored at graduation:
Carol D'Souza, Serviam Award
- The Serviam Award seeks to recognize outstanding traits of leadership in service, awareness of others and acceptance of responsibility, as well as academic achievements. The Serviam Award is the highest honor that Ursuline Academy bestows.
Ciara Byrne, Sister Mercedes Videira Medal
- The recipient of the Sr Mercedes Videira award acts with integrity, humility, generosity and concern for others, and exhibits through her actions a deep love for Ursuline Academy.
Caroline Sullivan, Principal's Award
- Given in recognition of a student’s appreciation of the benefits of a Christian education, her leadership on behalf of her class and her willingness to serve others.
Casey Lynch and Sheila Orechia, Cross of Excellence Award
- Presented every year to the senior who has attained the highest grade average over her complete course of studies.
The following seniors were honored at Class Day.
Kaylene Murphy - The Cheryl Eakin Scholarship
- To a senior who demonstrates a willingness to serve others and shows dedication to the “common good”.
Lindsay Gioioso - The Pearce Book Award
- To a senior who has a passion for excellence, an appreciation for learning and who also demonstrates a willingness to serve others and has demonstrated a dedication to the common good of the Academy.
Caroline Sullivan - The Good Citizen Award
- The National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution presents this award to a student who demonstrates the qualities of Dependability, Service, Leadership and Patriotism.
The following seniors were honored at Baccalaureate Mass:
Casey Lynch - English Prize
Haley Curtin - French Prize
Agata Atayde - Latin Prize
Katherine O'Malley - Spanish Prize
Sheila Orechia - Mathematics Prize
Julia Doran - History Prize
Jaclynne Nader - Religion Prize
Julia Gustin - Science Award
Kelsey Lynch - Fine Arts Award
Casey Lynch, Mary-Kate Nolan, and Sheila Orechia - National Merit
The following girls were recognized for their initiative, spirit of generous service and willingness to assume responsibility for the common interest of the Academy: Naedia Clarke, Lauren Crispi, Lindsay Gioioso, Kelsey Lynch, Carlton Morris, Abigail Murphy, Kaylene Murphy, Jaclynne Nader, Samantha Nedder, Nora Reyad, Grace Ryan, Courtney Sepe.
Alexandra Wolfe was recognized by the United States Figure Skating Association for a Platinum Level award.
- Jaclynne Nader was awarded the Needham Bank Scholarship.
- Lindsey Baryluk received a full 4-year Active Duty Army ROTC Scholarship to attend the University of Delaware.
- Haley Curtin received a full 4-year Naval ROTC scholarship to attend Harvard University.
- Sheila Orechia received a full 4-year Cardinal Medeiros Scholarship to attend Boston University.
on Friday June 6 at 02:58PM