Ursuline Academy seeks a dynamic individual to join the senior administrative team as Chief Advancement Officer, effective immediately.
The Chief Advancement Officer must be a proven leader who will be responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive strategic advancement program for Ursuline. The ideal candidate will oversee all external relations for the Academy, including development, alumnae relations, and marketing/communications. This position includes working collaboratively with the Advancement Committee and other school administrators, and reports directly to the President of the Academy.
Responsibilities include, (but are not limited to):
- Oversee the Academy’s fundraising and marketing/communications efforts
- Motivate and manage a team of advancement professionals
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, steward, and maintain a major gifts portfolio of donors and prospects
- Identify and implement strategies to increase support from new and existing donors
- Manage and supervise all fundraising activities
- Partner with the President and Board to solicit major gifts, participating in solicitations where appropriate
- Oversee the development of all materials for fundraising, marketing, and communications
- Manage the annual operating budget for the Advancement Office
- Embrace the mission and vision of Ursuline Academy
- Proven successful management experience
- Possess exceptional communication skills, with proven ability to write effectively, speak persuasively, and listen attentively
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques and in particular with major gifts
- Be skilled in working with and motivating staff, board members, and volunteers
- Be willing to direct and participate in all phases of donor cultivation and solicitation
- Seven to ten years’ experience of increasingly challenging proven fundraising success in nonprofit institutions, ideally with educational institutions
- Bachelor’s degree required
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter to Sharon Tolland at business@UrsulineAcademy.net
About Ursuline Academy
An independent Catholic school for young women in grades 7-12, Ursuline Academy is located in Dedham, MA. Inspired by the legacy of St. Angela Merici, founder of the Ursuline Order, we seek to foster respect, compassion, intellectual curiosity, and a commitment to service as we prepare our students for life. The school seeks to hire and retain employees who are skilled in their field, involved participants in the school community, active in their faith, and enthusiastically dedicated to carrying out the mission of the school. Flexibility, a collaborative and professional spirit, excellent communication skills and commitment to Catholic education are essential.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Ursuline Academy. All teaching, administrative and staff positions will be posted on this page as they become available.
Ursuline Academy seeks faculty and staff who meet a high standard of professional and personal excellence in their work. Together, we work to inspire students to thrive in the classroom and beyond.
If you are interested in applying for an open position, please take note of the contact information associated with each post and reach out to that individual via email, indicating the name of the position in the subject line.