Thank you for your interest in employment at Ursuline Academy. All teaching, administrative and staff positions will be posted on this page as they become available.
An independent Catholic school for young women in grades 7-12, Ursuline Academy is located in Dedham, MA. Inspired by the legacy of St. Angela Merici, founder of the Ursuline Order, we seek to foster respect, compassion, intellectual curiosity, and a commitment to service as we prepare our students for life. The school seeks to hire and retain employees who are skilled in their field, involved participants in the school community, active in their faith, and enthusiastically dedicated to carrying out the mission of the school. Flexibility, a collaborative and professional spirit, excellent communication skills and commitment to Catholic education are essential.
If you are interested in applying for an open position, please take note of the contact information associated with each post and reach out to that individual via email, indicating the name of the position in the subject line.
- Director of Enrollment Management
- Director of Safety/Facilities Project Manager
- Athletic Coaching Positions
Director of Enrollment Management
The Director of Enrollment Management at Ursuline plays a key role at the Academy. A member of the senior Administrative Team, the Director partners with leadership to ensure a stable enrollment, thereby contributing to the financial stability of the Academy and the continuation of Ursuline’s mission. The Director has responsibility for all aspects of recruitment, admissions, and enrollment.
This is a 12-month, exempt position in which the Director will be expected to develop and implement a comprehensive, data-driven, and mission-centered enrollment strategy for the Academy. Working collaboratively with the President and other senior leaders, s/he will refine enrollment goals and partner with Marketing/Communications to develop recruitment campaigns in support of those goals. It is the Director’s responsibility to ensure that from inquiry through the admissions process and ultimately to enrollment, all applicants and their families have a positive experience that is reflective of the strengths and mission of our school.
The Director will be called upon to use a research-based approach to understanding Ursuline’s marketplace and to analyze data and trends to support new recruitment initiatives. S/he will be called upon to strengthen Ursuline’s ties with feeder schools, as well as to identify potential new markets and strategies for accessing them.
Ursuline is a thriving, mission-driven community, committed to our students’ well-being and success. The Director will partner closely with the Principal and other key administrators to monitor potential attrition and to develop strategies that would keep enrolled students engaged and thriving at Ursuline.
Broad responsibilities include:
- Manage Ursuline’s recruitment, admissions, enrollment, and retention processes.
- Thoughtfully lead and supportively develop the existing admissions team.
- Articulate clearly and with passion Ursuline’s mission and priorities to internal and external audiences, while building support within the community.
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance and the President in administering financial aid in support of the school’s mission and enrollment goals.
- Partner with faculty and administrative team to successfully implement initiatives to foster student retention.
Essential skills and qualifications for this position include:
- Excellent administrative, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Strong understanding of enrollment trends, target marketing, and prospect development on which to build a comprehensive enrollment strategy;
- Ability to collaborate and reach consensus with multiple constituencies within the school community;
- Proficiency in computer applications essential to enrollment work;
- Proficiency in data analysis and management to develop recruitment strategies and tactics;
- Initiative, energy, creativity, flexibility, and a good sense of humor.
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred;
- Minimum five years of relevant experience.
The Director of Enrollment Management is a member of the Administrative Team, and as needed, will attend meetings of the Board of Trustees and the Faculty Council. Of paramount importance is her/his willingness to learn, understand, and appreciate Ursuline’s mission and how to incorporate it into a successful strategic enrollment process.
An independent Catholic school for young women in grades 7-12, Ursuline Academy is seeking a uniquely talented individual to join our team. Located in Dedham, MA, our school is inspired by the legacy of St. Angela Merici, founder of the Ursuline Order, and seeks to foster respect, compassion, intellectual curiosity, and a commitment to service as we prepare our students for life. The school seeks to hire and retain employees who are skilled in their field, eager to develop professionally, active participants in the school community, and committed to carrying out the mission of the school.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to furnish a letter of intent, complete resume, and information for a minimum of three professional references to Sharon Tolland at email@example.com.
With dual reporting to both the President and Director of Facilities, this professional will be responsible for the implementation of all safety, security management policies, protocols, plans and initiatives for the Academy. This includes responsibility for strategic, operational, and tactical security management, as well as working with the Risk and Safety Committees to align risk mitigation and crisis management strategies with the school’s educational and operational priorities.
In addition, this professional will help manage projects related to the renovation and improvement of a multi-building campus. This professional would be responsible for overseeing specified construction projects of various sizes, working closely with the Director of Facilities to source and manage relationships with outside contractors, and maintain project budgets.
It is expected that this person would have the proven ability to:
- Manage the implementation and continuous refinement of physical/facilities security policies, standards, and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security protocols.
- Build relationships and interact effectively with all facets of an educational institution in promoting and implementing safety and security procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and practices in security, safety, and program management.
- Monitor and maintain S2 security software/system.
- Interface with local municipal fire and police.
- Manage complex projects, preferably with experience in facilities planning and construction management, with attention to details and deadlines.
- Develop and manage budgets for areas of both safety initiatives and specified construction projects.
- Effectively communicate in all phases of program implementation and project execution, providing reports on a regular basis to leadership and committees.
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in project management, security management, or related position or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated ability to interface well with all levels of an organization, including administration and students.
- Ability to communicate effectively in speaking, writing, and listening.
- Ability to think critically and strategically to align programs and projects with the Academy’s objectives.
- Ability to effectively implement change in a community comprised of different constituencies with often competing priorities.
- Ability to multi-task, managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A good sense of humor and an ability to work well in a team setting.
- A degree of physical fitness that will allow the candidate to move with ease throughout a multi-building campus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office or Google GSuite, SchoolDude or similar programs. CAD experience a plus.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume to Sharon Tolland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following coaching positions are open in our athletic department:
Candidates should have knowledge of the game. Previous coaching experience is preferred.
Lacrosse Coach for JV Team
Ursuline is seeking a junior varsity lacrosse coach for the spring season. The position is 5 days a week, from March 16 to May 31.
Contact Athletic Director Mike O'Connor at email@example.com if you are interested.