Thank you for your interest in employment at Ursuline Academy. All teaching, administrative and staff positions will be posted on this page as they become available.
An independent Catholic school for young women in grades 7-12, Ursuline Academy is located in Dedham, MA. Inspired by the legacy of St. Angela Merici, founder of the Ursuline Order, we seek to foster respect, compassion, intellectual curiosity, and a commitment to service as we prepare our students for life. The school seeks to hire and retain employees who are skilled in their field, involved participants in the school community, active in their faith, and enthusiastically dedicated to carrying out the mission of the school. Flexibility, a collaborative and professional spirit, excellent communication skills and commitment to Catholic education are essential.
If you are interested in applying for an open position, please take note of the contact information associated with each post and reach out to that individual via email, indicating the name of the position in the subject line.
With dual reporting to both the President and Director of Facilities, this professional will be responsible for the implementation of all safety, security management policies, protocols, plans and initiatives for the Academy. This includes responsibility for strategic, operational, and tactical security management, as well as working with the Risk and Safety Committees to align risk mitigation and crisis management strategies with the school’s educational and operational priorities.
In addition, this professional will help manage projects related to the renovation and improvement of a multi-building campus. This professional would be responsible for overseeing specified construction projects of various sizes, working closely with the Director of Facilities to source and manage relationships with outside contractors, and maintain project budgets.
It is expected that this person would have the proven ability to:
- Manage the implementation and continuous refinement of physical/facilities security policies, standards, and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security protocols.
- Build relationships and interact effectively with all facets of an educational institution in promoting and implementing safety and security procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and practices in security, safety, and program management.
- Monitor and maintain S2 security software/system.
- Interface with local municipal fire and police.
- Manage complex projects, preferably with experience in facilities planning and construction management, with attention to details and deadlines.
- Develop and manage budgets for areas of both safety initiatives and specified construction projects.
- Effectively communicate in all phases of program implementation and project execution, providing reports on a regular basis to leadership and committees.
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in project management, security management, or related position or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated ability to interface well with all levels of an organization, including administration and students.
- Ability to communicate effectively in speaking, writing, and listening.
- Ability to think critically and strategically to align programs and projects with the Academy’s objectives.
- Ability to effectively implement change in a community comprised of different constituencies with often competing priorities.
- Ability to multi-task, managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A good sense of humor and an ability to work well in a team setting.
- A degree of physical fitness that will allow the candidate to move with ease throughout a multi-building campus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office or Google GSuite, SchoolDude or similar programs. CAD experience a plus.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume to Sharon Tolland at email@example.com.
The following coaching positions are open in our athletic department:
Candidates should have knowledge of the game. Previous coaching experience is preferred.
Lacrosse Coach for JV Team
Ursuline is seeking a junior varsity lacrosse coach for the spring season. The position is 5 days a week, from March 16 to May 31.
Contact Athletic Director Mike O'Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.