Guided by Catholic tradition, the counsels of the Ursuline foundress, St. Angela Merici, and the Ursuline philosophy of Serviam (“I will serve”), Campus Ministry at Ursuline Academy seeks to create an environment permeated with Gospel values and to enrich our community with a greater depth of contemplation and participation in Catholic social action. Students’ spiritual life is nourished in a variety of ways throughout the year:
- Required community service hours
- Daily prayer
- Community prayer services
- Eucharistic Masses with Choral Group and Liturgical Dance ministries
- Peer Minister-led class retreats
- Student service events such as Mission Day, the Thanksgiving Food Drive, Christmas in the City, Clothe-A-Child Project, and the Making Strides for Breast Cancer Walk
- Student service through community organizations such as the Dedham Food Pantry, My Brother’s Keeper, the Romero Center in New Jersey and Ursuline Education Services sponsored service trips.