In keeping with Ursuline's motto, Serviam, and the Christian call to help others, each student is required to perform some type of community service in keeping with her abilities and interests. Our goal is that each student comes to know the joy of giving others her most valuable gift– herself– and one of her most precious resources, her time. Requirements are detailed in the Community Service Guide.
The Campus Ministry Office welcomes all suggestions for service projects and will consider all submissions carefully. Students and parents are welcome to suggest a service opportunity! In most instances, suggestions will not be able to be incorporated within the same academic year since service trips require the coordination of staff and faculty and have to be planned in advance. Thank you for your continued prayers and work in support of our mission of Serviam. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Katie McNally in the Campus Ministry office at 781-493-7791.
- Grades 7, 8 & 9: 30 hours of service per year
- Grades 10, 11: 40 hours of service per year
- Grade 12: 40 hours of service per year, plus an additional 100 hours of service performed during the Senior Service Project
The following list is offered as a stimulus for thinking about possibilities for service.
- teach or assist in a school and/or a CCD program
- visit the elderly or shut-ins
- coach an athletic team
- transport the elderly to grocery store, church, doctor, etc.
- work for an organization, e.g. Pulse, St. Vincent de Paul, Samaritans, Por Cristo, CYO, etc.
- work at a food pantry
- babysitting during Sunday Mass
- school projects
- work with the handicapped, or special needs children or adults