Athletic Hall of Fame
Ursuline Academy's athletic program started out modestly, as did most all-girl schools' athletic programs. Today, Ursuline fields 14 interscholastic fall, winter, and spring sports teams, and more than 70% of current students participate in at least one sport. This represents dramatic growth, interest, and institutional commitment when compared to its initial offering of basketball. Every season our student-athletes gain lifelong lessons in the values of competition, perseverance, and the true meaning of teamwork.
We've come a long way since those early days, but that's not to say that the same grit, commitment, and competitive skill didn't exist back then. We've decided that it's time to recognize the foundational contributions of the Ursuline athletes from past decades.
Last spring, a committee of seasoned individuals gathered to begin the work of establishing an Ursuline Academy Athletic Hall of Fame. Now, we are seeking nominations of individuals or teams to be considered for an induction ceremony that will take place on April 9, 2022.
Nominations are due November 1, 2021 to be considered for the April induction. Help us establish this important program during Ursuline Academy's 75th Anniversary year.
The committee will use the following guidelines during the selection process:
• Athletes: Must have graduated from Ursuline Academy at least ten years prior to be considered.
• Coaches: Must be/have been a coach for at least three years at Ursuline Academy (current coaches may be considered).
• All nominees must have demonstrated outstanding commitment to/achievement at Ursuline Academy.
• Sportsmanship and leadership will be traits to be considered for all nominees.
The completed application packet should include:
• A letter of recommendation from the person making the nomination (the nominator) and other letters of support from appropriate individuals.
• Supporting materials: newspaper clippings, magazine articles, yearbook photos, etc.
• A photograph of the nominee may accompany the nomination and is appreciated. (Please don’t submit original photos/clippings -- copies are recommended)