Athletic Forms and Tryouts
The following forms are due once each academic year:
- Athletics Handbook (to be read by athlete and parents prior to tryouts)
- Athletics Handbook Certification (to be signed and returned prior to tryouts)
- Emergency Medical Authorization Form (to be signed and returned)
- Athletic Waiver Form (to be signed and returned)
The following form must be turned in prior to each season and after any head injury:
- Pre-Participation Head Injury/Concussion Reporting Form (to be turned in prior to each season and post any head injury)
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to attend each tryout session?
Yes. The more the coaches see an athlete, the better her chances of making a team.
Are there cuts?
The number of athletes trying out for each specific sport will determine if there are cuts. Coaches can carry a limited number of athletes on each team. Historically, the running sports do NOT have cuts (Cross Country, Winter Track, and Spring Track and Field).
Can I try out for more than one sport?
No, an athlete can only try out for one sport per season. In the event an athlete does not make her first choice sport, she has the option to join the season’s running sport (Cross Country, Winter Track, and Spring Track and Field).
Is there transportation to offsite venues for practices and games?
Yes. Once school begins, we do provide transportation to the Dedham pool or fields that we use for practice during the weekday.