Spring 2020 Tryout Information
Important Announcement - The MIAA Board of Directors has postponed the MIAA spring sport season, which had been scheduled to commence on Monday, March 16, 2020. After much discussion, the decision was made to delay the start of the 2020 spring season to April 27, 2020. Respecting the fluidity of this situation, this decision will be revisited by the MIAA prior to March 30.
Please note that Ursuline Spring Sports Tryouts are currently scheduled to begin on Monday, April 27. The dates posted below are no longer valid, and will be updated as more information becomes available.
Spring team sports offered at Ursuline Academy include Softball, Lacrosse, Tennis, Golf, and Track & Field. Tryouts will begin on March 16th, 2020. See below for specific tryout schedules for each sport.
Students in Grades 7 through 12 may try out for a sport. However, no 7th graders are allowed on a Varsity team if a Junior High level team is offered in that sport. A limited number of juniors may be considered for a Junior Varsity team at the coaching staff’s discretion. Participation in a sport at any level previously, or attendance at any camp or clinic, does not guarantee a student a place on a team. In order to be considered for any team, a student should attend tryout sessions.
In order to participate in tryouts, all athletes must have passed the following paperwork in by Friday, March 6, 2020:
- Documentation of a physical examination completed within the past 13 months and turned into the school nurse.
- Emergency Medical Authorization form signed by a parent or guardian (due once per school year)
- Athletic Waiver form (due once per school year)
- Handbook Certification form (due once per school year)
(Items 2, 3, and 4 should be turned into the Athletic Director)
- Pre-Participation Head Injury Form (Online Submission- due once per season)
- Contact Kim Munsey to schedule a time for ImPact Baseline testing (once every 2 years). Email firstname.lastname@example.org or see Kim after school for an appointment.
Forms can be downloaded from the Handbook and Forms page.
Any athlete who needs an inhaler must have it with her. Parents/Guardians: please make every effort to have these forms in by March 6th to ensure your student-athlete is cleared to participate at tryouts.
**Please note that dates, times, and locations are subject to change, so please be sure to double check before tryouts begin on March 16th. **
All tryouts will be held rain or shine, unless there is an announcement made in school. Any changes made will be announced at school as early as possible.
All students are encouraged to try out for a team. If you need additional information, feel free to contact Athletic Director Mike O'Connor at 781-493- 6413 or email@example.com.