Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
My friends, we cannot tolerate or turn a blind eye to racism and exclusion in any form and yet claim to defend the sacredness of every human life.Pope Francis (June 30, 2020)
A Statement on Community and Inclusion
Inspired by the legacy of St. Angela Merici, the Ursuline community believes that all humanity is created in God’s image and likeness. We unequivocally condemn all forms of prejudice, racism, bigotry, and injustice that may have historically resulted in marginalization, hatred, and violence. It is our shared responsibility both individually and collectively, to counter discrimination and to uphold our Ursuline core values.
- We believe in the uniqueness and dignity of each individual as a beautiful creation of God.
- We desire for each student to feel known, heard, and valued so deeply that they are, in the words of St. Angela, “engraved upon our hearts”.
- We are committed to creating an equitable, inclusive, and just community in which every person experiences a true sense of belonging.
- We are dedicated to the formation of students, who are both compassionate in conscience and bold in social action.
- We, the members of Ursuline Academy of Dedham, accept the responsibility to foster, strengthen and sustain the growth of our inclusive community for the benefit of all.