In keeping with Ursuline's motto, Serviam, and the Christian call to help others, each student is required to perform some type of community service in keeping with her abilities and interests. Our goal is that each student comes to know the joy of giving others her most valuable gift– herself– and one of her most precious resources, her time. Requirements are detailed in the Community Service Guide.
The Campus Ministry Office welcomes all suggestions for service projects and will consider all submissions carefully. Students and parents are welcome to suggest a service opportunity! In most instances, suggestions will not be able to be incorporated within the same academic year since service trips require the coordination of staff and faculty and have to be planned in advance. Thank you for your continued prayers and work in support of our mission of Serviam. If you have any questions, please contact the Campus Ministry office at 781-493-7791.
- Grades 7, 8 and 9 complete 30 hours of service per year
- Grades 10 and 11 complete 40 hours of service per year
- Grade 12 complete 100 hours of service performed during their Senior Service Project
Focus for Service by Grade
Each grade is asked to complete 5 hours of service in line with their focus.
Grade 7- Elderly
Grade 8- Education & Literacy
Grade 9- Individuals with Special Needs
Grade 10- Hunger, Poverty, Homelessness
Grade 11- Environmental Ethics
The following are suggestions for students and present possible service opportunities:
- Assist with an after-school program
- Teach CCD or participate in Liturgical Ministry
- Visit the elderly
- Serve at a charitable or nonprofit organization, e.g., St. Vincent de Paul, My Brother's Keeper, Cradles to Crayons, Pine Street Inn, Room to Grow, Community Servings, New Life Furniture, the ARC of MA, Community Harvest, etc.
- Serve at a food pantry or soup kitchen
- Assist with education or sports programs for children or adults with special needs
- Assist with an environmental preservation, protection or clean up initiative