There are many independent schools in the Boston area. Few, if any, are like Ursuline Academy.
In an environment rooted in Catholic values and academic excellence, guided by the principles of St. Angela Merici, we cultivate a confident and courageous community of highly motivated girls. By combining the focus of each individual student’s heart, will and intellect with the support of our entire community, our young women are empowered to explore their boundaries and live beyond them.
As part of a school of “sisters,” our girls live out the motto of "Serviam" by making great intellectual and ethical contributions to each other, their school, communities and the world.An Ursuline education is the foundation of success in college and a lifetime of intellectual, spiritual and personal growth. Our graduates emerge as confident, high-achieving, compassionate young women ready to take on challenges and contribute positively to society.
growing in mind, body, and spirit: some key statistics
• 11:1 student/teacher ratio and an average class size of 16
• 4 members of the Class of 2016 were recognized as National Merit Commended Students, and one as a Semi-Finalist
• More than 70% of students participate in sports
• An array of clubs and activities. See Clubs for more information.
• 24,270 hours of community service in a single year
• More than $15,000 raised for six different charities on a single day at our annual Mission Day event